This guide explains how to playback Garret’s comments in-game.
1. Create a concrete roombrush (tutorial HERE). Link it to the VOTrap with a ControlDevice as described. An alternate method is a TrigDoorOpen script placed on a door, which allows a CD signal to be sent when the door is opened. Remember it will happen every time that door is opened.
2. Create a VOTrap object from fnord>TrigTrap>SoundTrap>VOTrap (-4862)
3. Do a ControlDevice link from the Room Brush to the VOTrap.
From: RoomBrush ID#
To: VOTrap (-4862)
4. Look up the sound file name you want to play, for example, I used Sound:Schema:PLAYER_SPEECH:garm0404 and remember the ID# -1923. But you can just type in the name.
5. Add a SoundDescription Link to the VOTrap.
To: garm0404 or -1923
6. Build Room Database and Compute Pathfinding Database.
8. All Done.
Download a zipped example for DromEd 1 HERE.